Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tribute To My Father

Today is the birthday of one of the people I most admire in my life....My father. He would have been 80 years old today. Dr. Thomas H. Pettit left this life almost 4 years ago. He lived an exemplary life both in his professional and his private life. He was not perfect but he lived a near perfect life. I composed a song for his funeral and one line truly expressed my belief of his life...."The goodness you gave cannot be repaid, you showed how to love with each passing day, with your heart of gold, the success need not be told, your gift of greatness, my heart will ever hold." Thanks Daddy for being the greatest example to me..I Love You!

3 comments:

Lara said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!! I miss you, and can't wait to see you again.

Elisabeth said...

I have very Happy Memories of Uncle Tom as well... I guess I never realized his birthday was the day after my mom's....hope all is well with you and yours!

Heather said...

Dittos. You made me cry again.